Massage can help reduce recovery time from a cold or flu from over 10 days down to as little as 2, in some cases even 1 day.
Massage Therapy helps prevent the flu in several ways:
- Reduces the stress thus helping your body focus more on fighting the infection
- Improve blood and lymph circulation consequently the elimination of “intruders” is more effective.
- Increases the overall health and this leads to better immunity
- Makes it easy to get rest, which is a boost to your immunity.
- Boosts lymphatic drainage which can help relieve sinus pressure, head/nasal/chest congestion, stuffy nose, eye pressure, breathing problems, sore throats, coughing, headaches, body aches and neck stiffness.
- If you are a physical active person, one massage per month, during the flu season, will help you drastically reduce the chances to be infected with Influenza.
- If you are an inactive person, a few massage sessions per month will be best for your health.
It is important to remember that although massage can reduce recovery time it may worsen your symptoms. If you already have a cold or flu and have a fever, you should wait until the fever passes before getting a massage because it will raise your temperature. The fever is a good sign that your body is fighting the virus and should be left alone to do it’s job.